July 20, 2016 (See Changes and Updates in 8.4.0 for previous version information.)
Project Results Viewer
- We gave the Simulation Results Viewer several fixes and update. The Viewer was released in version 8.3.0.
- The Simulation Results Viewer legend was improved for better readability.
- A new feature converts movie frames to a PowerPoint file, for use in creating simulation reports.
- Movie frames can be deleted once the movie is created, saving on file storage space.
- FLOWCast 1.93 is included, which has lifted the 4 GB file size limitation. This allows for larger models with more frequent data saves, which helps to create smoother movies for metal velocity and pressure.
- A Fixed Volume Fill feature provides more realistic Tilt-Pour and RollOver simulations.
- SOLIDCast maximum mesh size is increased to 60 million nodes.
- The FLOWCast Fixed Volume Fill Utility program has been added, to set up meshes to run with metal transfer from one part of the mold to another, rather than by addition to the model, during the filling process. In a Tilt-Pour simulation, the pouring cup would be full at the start of the simulation, and metal would move from the cup to the mold. In a Roll-Over simulation, the crucible would be full at the start of a simulation, and metal would move from the crucible to the shell.